By submitting to The Chaos, you agree to the terms outlined in this document. Writers under 18-years-old must have their legal guardian read and agree to the terms on their behalf.
You agree that:
- The work(s) submitted to The Chaos is your own, does not infringe on any copyright, and as of this date is unpublished in any format including book, journal, magazine, website, or social media.
- You grant The Chaos first world electronic rights to publish the work(s) online in a digital format. You grant permission for the work(s) to remain indefinitely on The Chaos’s website, social media, and any other digital archive The Chaos might use.
- You acknowledge that The Chaos does not monetarily compensate contributors for their work(s).
- You acknowledge that The Chaos may make reasonable editorial alterations and abridgments including, but not limited to, reformatting and grammatical correction, and understand that the writer has final say on changes more substantive than copy editing.
- You grant The Chaos the non-exclusive anthology rights to your work(s) and understand that the work(s) might be selected for a The Chaos print anthology.
- You grant The Chaos permission to nominate your work(s) for literary prizes and awards, and you understand that such possible nominations may result in your work(s) being published by awards committees and organizations and thus subject to their publication requirements, which are not established within this agreement.
- You agree that if your work(s) is published elsewhere after publication in The Chaos, you will cite The Chaos as the first publisher.
If you have any questions about this agreement, contact The Chaos before submitting your work.
This agreement was last updated on January 4, 2017